ThreatAdvice Systems Engineer
The Systems Admin / Engineer will work as part of a Managed Security Services Support Team. The Systems Admin / Engineer will be responsible for assisting with the collaboration of support of reactive support requests that cannot be resolved by junior technicians. The Systems Engineer must have excellent problem-solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex issues.
The Systems Admin / Engineer will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for replicable processes and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position does require independent work, sharing information and working with a team in a dynamic environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for client requests
- Provide remote troubleshooting support on desktop, laptop, mobile and application issues
- Work to resolution automated server alert issues
- Assess and prioritize resolution of open issues; confer and escalate any issues that require the assistance of senior administrator
- Document all reported incidents and help identify trends to assist in future problem resolution
- Research and troubleshoot technical issues and provide resolutions
- Monitor, document, and manage the resolution process in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively and courteously with clients during the resolution of their issue
- Assist with maintenance of knowledge base used for problem resolution
- Document all changes to client configuration
- Be a leader and mentor to junior technicians
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Work Experience in a relevant role: Min 2-4 years preferably supporting multiple customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science and/or related field, highly preferred
- Able to work in a fast paced, high urgency environment
- Able to handle significant workload at times
- Assist support staff with reactive escalation as required
- Demonstrable ability to self-manage and maintain schedules with customers
- Ability to work after hours for escalation and project related work as required
- Ability to communicate well with clients and work well with co-workers while working on service issues and in project-based work
- 3+ Years Active Directory 2008+ Administration / Configuration / Troubleshooting
- 2+ Years Group Policy Administration / Configuration / Troubleshooting
- 2+ Years Certificate Administration / Management
- 3+ Years MS 365 Administration / Migration
- 3+ Years Cloud and local backup solutions / integrations
- 3+ Years VMware Infrastructure (ESXi / vCenter / Horizon) Design / Configuration /Management
- 1-3 Years Understanding of Switching/Routing/VLANning configuration
- Experience in Windows environments managing physical and virtual environments at an enterprise level as Senior Administrator or Senior Engineer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
ThreatAdvice is a data & risk management software company that provides a wide range of solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, compliance, and managed services. Many enterprise and government entities struggle to manage data loads, networks and data security. ThreatAdvice provides solutions to address those needs in the key areas of:
- Cybersecurity Education
- Threat Intelligence & Prevention,
- Incident and Breach Response
We offer a competitive salary, impressive benefits package, 401(k) vesting, generous paid time off and paid holidays. To find out more about us, please visit us at: www.threatadvice.com.
ThreatAdvice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of color, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State and/or local law.
Researchers have discovered a well-known open redirect flaw is being used to phish people’s credentials & personally identifiable information (PII) using American Express & Snapchat domains. T...
It's back to school time already, and now school IT departments are being told they must have a full Incident Response Plan in place. That's where ThreatAdvice comes in! This year, ThreatAdvice is o...
ThreatAdvice Course Overview Phishing attacks are the most common methods in which hackers deceive users. Hackers will often send malicious links within phishing emails in hopes of getting users to ma...